Saturday, May 31, 2008

No Word Yet

Well, I reached out to my agency late yesterday afternoon to see if there was any news, and unfortunately they didn't have an update for us. This could mean anything including:
  • The interview didn't happen for whatever reason
  • The interview happened without incident
  • The interview happened and there were issues

I am surprisingly calm, I believe we will be OK. Hopefully I will have good news to share soon.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Update on Our Case

I just received an e-mail that our son's birth mother interview is scheduled for this Friday. I am already a nervous wreck anticipating how things will go. I am also relieved that we now know when the interview will happen. Deep down inside I actually believe we are going to be OK and the interview will go without incident, I pray this will be true.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Domi's Pets are Waiting Too...

I had the camera out today taking pictures of my gifts from my Winter Blossoms Secret Pal and looked who decided to strike a pose... They also started a line of questioning about you know who... they are ready for their new playmate! Patience my furry cherubs, patience! ;)

Friday, May 23, 2008

One Year Referral Anniversary

On May 24, 2007 we accepted the referral for our precious baby son. It is hard to believe that a year has passed and we have only spent five weeks with him. We are numb with worry and concern about not only when, but if, we will be able to bring him home. We treasure the time we have spent with him and pray it is only the beginning.

The new interview with his birth mother has not yet happened, and while many have reported their child's interview went fine, others are reporting strange and tragic news about their adoptions being annulled. It is so difficult to know who and what to believe. Your continued good thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. We will post status as we know it. I am trying to stay positive and will celebrate this anniversary as I cling to hope we will bring our son home one day soon.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Please Pray for Us

Recently we learned that the rules have once again changed. Now Guatemala wants to do yet another interview with the birth mothers before they sign off on any case. There are several risks with this new change:
  • They possibly will be unable to find our son's birth mother
  • Our son's birth mother may change her mind then and there and decide to keep him
  • The Guatemalan officials conducting the interview may not be satisfied with the answers they get and cancel or further delay our case

There are approximately 2,500 families like us who are heart broken and really just broken period, waiting to bring our angels home. Please keep us all in your prayers.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Maui was Great!

We had a nice time in Maui - it is unbelievably beautiful and so laid back. I did manage to relax (huge for me, especially lately) but never stopped thinking about Dominic. I really hoped we would get some good news while we were away, but no luck. We are hanging in there. For now, these photos from our vacation will have to do until we have more to share of our adorable son. :)